Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Thankful Thursday: The Women in my life!

This past 2 weeks have been really challenging for me. I won't go into detail right now but some past issues have resurfaced and I am going through some stuff emotionally because of it.


I have been reflecting on my life and the things that I know and believe about myself and just being reminded of truly how blessed I have been and how protected I have been from some pretty ugly things that have happened.

Today I was thinking about my Mom. I am so blessed that I got her as my Mom. She is virtuous, lovely, of good report and praise worthy! She is a women of strength, determination and steadfastness. But most importantly she is someone worthy of being called Mom and I am so thankful that I get to keep her as that, FOREVER!

As I thought about my Mom, I thought about others to that have loved me, buoyed me up, praised me, listened to me, counseled me and just loved me right where I was at in the moment. I am TRULY blessed to be surrounded by ALL of you angels! Your comments on my blog, your texts, your phone calls, your own trials (watching how you dealt with them), chats, gifts, kind acts, hugs, but far beyond all that your EXAMPLE has done wonders for me in my life.

I know that my Father in Heaven loves me, because I feel it through each of you in countless ways! What great peace that is to know. It is something that I come back to anytime I feel weak, alone, scared or hurt. He is a constant in my life and I am so thankful that I have people who have taught me how to find him.

Thanks to ALL YOU women in my life for being YOU!
I need you and I love you!


>P.S. I am SOOOO thankful for technology so I can still hear the words of our Beloved President Hinckley. Oh how I still love and miss him dearly!

10 comments:

Shan said...

You are amazing to me!

JAMIE said...

((HUGE HUGS))

You have been very blessed, but you are an even more amazing blessing to so many people! Thanks for being you, and making it through all the trials that have come into your life.

Tiffany and Justin said...

I am sorry you are having a hard time! Just know that you truly are amazing and there are hundreds of women who feel just as blessed to have YOU in our lives!! I love you smuch and I hope you are feeling better soon!

Tiffany and Justin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fia said...

Megs! I'm so sorry you're going through a rough patch! That is the cutest pic of you and your mom. I think you are an absolutely adorable girl! Thanks so mush for all of the fun and laughter your spread :) I miss you!

marilyn said...

Meg you are an angel in everyones life I'm so thankful that you are in my life!!! I love you tons and tons and I'm so thankful that you have been blessed with such a wonderful Mother! love you

Jae said...

What a beautiful post. Thank God for Moms :)
I have a blog entry about my Mom, whom I lost 13 years ago in a car accident. You can take a peek at it titled: It's days like these when I miss you most.
God bless you!

Bob Dempsey said...

Dear Meg, With so many people you have to communicate with I want to thank you for your time today and sharing the TEMPLES link. This is a New Year and I pray a New refreshing for you and your dreams. You will Always be a favorite of mine , certainly it is wonderful that our Heavenly Father has us on his mind all the time,..so also Be Comforted to know , even in lonely times you are always being warmly thought of by one of the many on this Earth you have touched with your life.

{amy k.} said...

sorry to hear you're going through a tough time- i'll be sending prayers your way.

and I'm thankful to have you in my life. you are such a great example and i miss you!! Red power!! :)

email me when you can! amykathryn7@gmail.com

Amber said...

Love you Meg. You are so inspiring. I loved talking with you. Thanks for your courage and example. Keep me posted!I love that picture of you and your mom. Priceless!