As you will all see that even with all these pictures being at girls camp.. she is still beautiful and some of my GREATEST FUNNEST MEMORIES are of Kelly and I at camp. Now on to the details of one of my dearest friends Kelly Arlene Fowler Stayner.I met Kelly at 12 yrs old, this was one of the hardest times of my life because we had just moved into a new house, new ward, and lots of changes! Yes, Kelly was my first beehive leader and stayed with me in YW through my youth. (For those of you reading this that don't know what YW stands for it is the youth group for girls ages 12-18 in The Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day saints)
I learned a lot from this woman. I spent a lot of time at her house and I have even seen her husband in his underwear! hahaha
I thought it was about time that I wrote about her because even now she is a major part of my life. Just tonight she came and saved me after the wedding, bringing her husband's truck so I could have some way to haul all this stuff home. She is ALWAYS willing to help me. She is a saint!
When I say I love Kelly it goes even beyond her.... I love her FAMILY! They have always treated me like one of them. Here are some of the few things that I am thankful for:
- Her family loves me unconditionally for the person that I am.
- Always a steady-constant in my life.
- Given so generously to me and my family.
- Kel always texts me and checks up on me.
- She gives great advice.
- She so candidly talks to me about life's realities.
- She is REAL! She doesn't try to be something she is not. If she wants to drink a diet coke and eat chocolate chips for breakfast she will!
- She has shown me how to keep a home.
- Jerry and the kids are also loving and accepting of me too.
- Her extended family is accepting of me as well.
- She shares her multiple talents with others.
- She has even gotten out of bed at night after I have text her that I was having a bad day to go on a walk with me, Food runs as a youth at midnight on Sunday/Monday night, Also laser tag at midnight! Oh the memories!
In high school she was known as Smelly Flower (nickname because her name was Kelly Fowler) and I have adopted that cause I thought it was awesome! Smelly Flower, I love you so dearly! Thanks for always being a true friend to me and just because I tease you that you are old cause you were my leader as a youth and I am now 30, it's just because I love you so much and want to heckle you! Heck, I babysat Jordlyn at 1 and she will graduate next year! :)
You are a true woman through and through and I celebrate and am so thankful for the person you are and the person that you have helped me become. I love you Kel!